Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Misc: Whats that coming over the hill?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DJ Saltack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2007
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it a monster? Is it a monstaaaaaaaaaa?!

    *As the inhabitants of Granaboard look toward the hill, the silhouette of a tall humanoid staggers to the top. Supporting it's weight on a familiar cane, the figure comes to a stop and glares back at the crowd. After a short stand off, the figure shouts in a raspy voice...*

    Banished for two years, I have suffered. I struggled and endured in the savage wastelands of the internet. I have trained in the domains of Sega. I have studied animating techniques. I've meddled with unspeakable quantities of money. My skills have improved to untold levels.

    *The figure begins to walk down from the hill, towards the Granaboardians*

    I am wiser. I am stronger. I am passionate. I am The Classy One.

    *As he walks below the summit of the hill, his features are revealed. An animal of a rugged beard, a ponytail of remarkable length, glasses which hide his piecing green eyes. Dressed in a battered suit and cloak and a hat of immeasurable awesome, this truly was a man of power, strength and determination.*

    I AM ONE CLASSY BLOKE, AND I HAVE RETURNED!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member phaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    *crickets chirp as tumble weeds fly by*

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Sign labeled "WELCOME TO GRANABOARD" flaps slowly on a single, broken hinge*

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome back. 2 years already? Wow, time flies. By the way, I've flushed a couple of things in the MCP, so you can sign up with your old account if you so prefer. Have a great time.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DJ Saltack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2007
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, hostboard has locked my original account, so i can't change any profile details. No big deal, might as well make a fresh start.

    Now where did i put my rotating penis av...

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice entry OCB, Welcome Back ^^
    This is the second I see now [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 03, 2007 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome back OCB, long time no see.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehe, acknowledging your initial post, I wonder if you've been getting into roleplaying at all, ...

    And speaking of rping, is anyone familiar with "larping" (or "live role-playing)?
    The general concept is that you get dressed up and immerse yourself in the role of a predetermined character within a fantasy world.
    For me, the only appealing aspect of this would be derived from full-contact sword-fights (with training swords) or substantial gatherings organised within a genuine castle where everyone behaves as though they were living in the olden days, and not in a fantasy realm(and apparently these aforementioned congregations do occur at times).

    However, the more common connotation of "larping" relates to a fantasy world where goblins and monsters and magic dominate. To be honest, this sounds fun as hell if your about 10, but once you're older....

    Well, the following link suitably summarizes my view: [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufaBKdY60w[/nomedia]


    ("Lightning Bolt Kid" is my hero)

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay, I want to be Shion! Oh, wait...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome back, OCB. Seems the board's somewhat almost maybe kinda sorta returning to something that vaguely resembles life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •